Ab-Soul calls Lupe Fiasco a mentor and says he was an influence on his album, "These Days"!

XXL caught up with Ab-Soul and he named 9 people who were a big influence on his new album, "These Days". Here is what he had to say about Lupe:
He’s actually now a mentor of mine, now that I know him personally. Of course, I am an avid Lupe follower. I hold it dear to the concepts that he presents and the ideas that he was into. It’s all to provoke thought. I like when people oppose. I like people to talk about it. I don’t want everybody to just say “Yes.” If you don’t like this, if you don’t agree with this, say it. Speak on it. I think he tries to create that domain.

We didn’t make “World Runners” in the studio in particular. I sent that one to him. We cut three records, total. The other two we did together, “Thorns & Horns” is out. That one came out and then I have this one on my album and I should be featured on his album [Tetsuo & Youth].

Lupe’s a real disciplined and militant guy. He doesn’t drink or smoke, or there won’t be bad bitches in the studio. He’s in there and he’s working. When you get in, he’s vibing. He’s doing something. He’s not just hanging out, which is what I like. I don’t like to go in the studio and have a party.


Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.