Throwback Thursday: Lupe Fiasco freestyling at the age of 17!

What can be more throwback than this?! A few years ago, Lupe appeared on an episode of MTV's "When I Was 17 ". Above, we have a short clip of a teenage Lupe spitting a few lines in the hallway of his high school. Even though its only 2 bars, its apparent how serious he was about the craft. Lupe, we need the rest of this footage!

If you'd like to be responsible for next week's #ThrowbackThursday, tweet us a suggestion with the hashtag!


  1. I don't have a twitter, but it'd be great if this track got some exposure for next week's throwback. It would be nice to know if there's more info about it too.

  2. The first time I saw this, I was so excited when he mentioned Chinese. I love diversity. He's the best! Youtube used to have the full version of his When I Was 17 segment but now it can't be found. On Youtube that is.

  3. After that vid another vid of some lupe and peterbailey came dope

  4. Oh Looooooooooooord!!!!!

  5. Someone explain what he just said on those two bars and type up the lyrics, I couldn't really understand him.

    1. "Aligned with these Chinese who speaking Nanai, rock an iron crease and never fall off like pine trees"

  6. Hey, good looking out for sharing my video, haha. Was surprised to see it posted!


Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.