Throwback Thursday: Lupe Fiasco - Theme Music To A Drive By



This week's throwback was described by Lupe as being based on a true story as well as being one of his favorites during the live chat for the 5th anniversary of Food & Liquor. As the intro to the leaked version of his debut album, he delivers what I consider to be one of his best flows as he details what it was like growing up on the streets of the West Side of Chicago. With lines like...
I can't feel a field niggas' chains, though I covet mine, so I covered mine in bling, then I bumped into a bum and covered mine in shame, then I bumped into a hon' and uncovered mine again

...this track ends up being one of the prime examples of duality Lupe always stresses in his music. Shout out to @AbyssTheUnknown for picking this week's throwback!

If you'd like to be responsible for next week's #ThrowbackThursday, tweet us a suggestion with the hashtag!

4 comments:

  1. This is one of the most dopest tracks Lupe ever came Out with and one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you guys done Sunshine? If not, then please feature this song for your throwback Thursday segment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.