Jerra Mitchell writes a book inspired by Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"!



Street Khemistry recently spoke to author Jerra Mitchell who was motivated by Lupe's "Bitch Bad" to write "The Death Of Bad Bitch".
SK: What specifically about Lupe Fiasco’s “Bitch Bad” inspired you?

JW: Well, I’ve always been the type of person to deviate from the norm. A lot of women and men in my generation refer to themselves and other women as “bad bitches” as if it should be acceptable. When I heard “Bitch Bad”, it was almost as if Lupe was reading my mind!! I was inspired to write the moment I heard the song for the first time. Our generation needs to know that “bad bitch” is NOT a term of endearment!

SW: Although this book was not written solely for Lupe Fiasco fans, why may Lupe Fiasco fans like this book?

JW: As mentioned previously, I am a huge Lupe Fiasco fan. I’ve been a fan since his very first album. I loved the fact that he did not use curse words to express himself through his music. So, when I heard “Bitch Bad”, I was a little taken back by his use of profanity. However, the lyrics in the song were REAL, conscious, and relevant. The topics I address in my book are also REAL, relevant, and conscious. Lupe Fiasco fans will also find my book very inspiring – as it tells my journey from a girl, to a woman, to a lady. I share recipes, advice on setting standards, why one should deviate from saying ‘bad bitch’, money-saving tips, and so much more!


Click HERE to follow her on Twitter, HERE to get the book and HERE to get an autographed copy!

12 comments:

  1. Saw this on instagram and thought it was dope. When i get a chance i will buy this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support!! Highly appreciated. www.jerramitchell.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the support!! Highly appreciated. www.jerramitchell.com

      Delete
  2. Anybody here wanna wish lupe a happy birthday? *crickets*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I was surprised that the blog did nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While waiting for some new lupe news you can checkout the article I made about old school love on my hip hop artblog :) http://bluematter.over-blog.com/lupe-fiasco-old-school-love

      Delete
    2. My brain cells are dead because I pointed out the irrefutable fact that Lupe has no buzz? Riiiiiight.

      Delete
    3. No, simply becuz youre a jerk whom should keep comments like that to yourself.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.