HipHopDX's Editor-in-Chief Justin Hunte details how Lupe Fiasco inspired him to be a journalist!

Justin "The Company Man" Hunte just wrote a dope feature explaining his journey to becoming the Editor-in-Chief at HipHopDX and how instrumental Lupe was in that process:
I didn’t know I was going to become a journalist.

I just liked Lupe Fiasco’s music enough to email my friends about it.

Outside of most One-Percenter measures, life was already pretty exceptional. I was 24 years old, living in Sunset Park, Brooklyn; working in Banc Of America Securities’ Financial Institutions Group, drinking in Manhattan, passing out on trains, waking up on buses, smoking Sour Diesel, traveling whenever booty called, dissecting Rap lyrics. Kanye West's “Touch The Sky” had just dropped and Lupe’s “I’m trying to stop lion like a Mum-Ra / But I’m not lyin’ what I’m layin’ on the beat” had just broke the record for the Most Consecutive One Night Replays in my Cousin Sha’s Coney Island apartment.

He goes on to detail the rise to his current position at one of the premier websites in Hip Hop culture, using Lupe lyrics that were key motivational tools along the way. It's a really dope editorial, click HERE to check it out!


  1. Dope! His music has saved and changed lives....

    Thank God 4 Lupe Fiasco


  2. Lol lupe will be remember for ever. He changed the game

  3. Lol I wonder what he thinks now about Lu's new sound. LOL I'm sure he's going to be inspired by "Dope money and stories about strippers"


Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.