Lupe Fiasco talks concept of Food & Liquor 2


Ebony interviewed Lupe and he talked about Aung San Suu Kyi, Freedom, his song Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free) and Food & Liquor 2 The Great American Rap Album, Part 1.

Excerpt below: 

EBONY: Let’s talk about your new single, “Freedom Ain’t Free”, what’s your message there? What are you trying to get people to think about?

LF: I question the concept of freedom. Is freedom really “free”? You have to pay for everything; everything comes at some type of cost; are you just going from one form of subjugation to another? As I said, I am just making statements. The song is a collage of different scenes through American history, and American pop culture. The struggles of Native Americans, the black community, the white community, the struggles of the far reaches of the U.S .empires.

EBONY: Lastly, tell me about the concept behind “Great American Rap Album, Part 1.”

LF: I don’t want to give too much away just yet, but is basically about my perspective of America and rapping. Just those two things: you will get songs about rapping and songs about America.

Full interview HERE

2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Lupe is such a wise soul.

    There's been talk of Lupe fans being elitist. The reason I enjoy Lupe despite not being a big rap fan is because of his intellectual lyrics and deeper meaning to everything. So to hold that standard by which I compare other rappers (no, to which I compare other musicians!) should not be something that's held against me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn you hit it on the nail! Lupe is an amazing LYRICAL artist. Reminds me of old Kanye, but he even goes a step farther. I love this guy! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.