Patrick Stump on working w / Lupe Fiasco [PopCrush Interview]


In an interview with PopCrush Patrick discussed how his collabo with Lupe, for the remix of "This City," came about:

Is it true you wrote ‘This City’ for Lupe Fiasco?

What happened was I wrote the song — it’s one of those quotes that just came to me, I really don’t remember writing it, it just happened. Then, it took me a while to decide what I wanted to do with it. At one point, I did want to submit it to Lupe Fiasco. I’ve known him for a long time. I produced a record for him called ‘Little Weapon’ and he was on a Fall Out Boy remix a few years ago. So I wanted to maybe get a demo of the song to him, but it never even got off the ground.

Flash forward to, after I turned in my album, the label was like, ‘This sounds great. Would you be interested in doing a remix?’ And I said, ‘Yeah maybe, it depends who you wanna work with.’ They had suggested Lupe and I was like, ‘This is perfect. This is cosmic,’ because he was part of my first thought. I was really excited about it because, subconsciously, that’s what I was going for the whole time anyway [Laughs].

Read the full interview HERE / Free iTunes download of This City

2 comments:

  1. Patrick Stump can probably take a huge dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at this guy/girl? What the fuck!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.