Lupe Fiasco - Lasers - LA Times Review


The LA Times reviewed Lupe's 'Lasers' and gave it 2.5 out of 4 stars. Check what they had to say about the album below:

When Lupe Fiasco is at the top of his game, it's gripping stuff. His raps on "Words I Never Said" are just that. This is hip-hop activism, but Fiasco is adept at making heady subjects go down easy.

While the electronic beats are foreboding, Fiasco is fast and slick, offering jabs at the political left and right with equal conviction. There's plenty of anger on "Lasers," Fiasco's third album, but he is far too nuanced an artist to resort to preaching to the choir.

Click HERE to read the full review.

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe some of you fans have forced yourselves to accept this sub par album. The lyrics are very shallow and Lupe seems disinterested on more than half of the songs.

    I can't give Lupe a pass for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's doing songs that sell, its different from his old stuff because he wants to give fans something to listen to

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://onethirtybpm.com/reviews/album-review-lupe-fiasco-lasers/

    U should post this review too. Worth reading. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't post every review...I'm focusing on the big publications and I'm writing one myself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see what's the problem with LASERS. I love it! Maybe that's just me. anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a review I can fully agree with. Fuck the hardcore dick riders, if you don't think some of the songs are bogged down by the hooks then you're either blinded by how much dick you've ridden or you liked pop music to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anon2 Shallow lyrics but still have more meaning to them than the rest of the mainstream shit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sean writing a review? lord have mercy, begin the stannism

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no shallow raps .. The album is a 3.5/5 for me ... good not great but I can rock with it I like it

    ABBE is seriously one of the best Lu songs and is hip-hop greatness !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A album has to mix...You can't throw wack pop beats, with wack hooks, and think good lyrics are going to save the day. The crap is weak and you all know it, but he could probably drop a blank disk and some of y'all would say he's being "innovative".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.