Lupe Fiasco interview w/ Gigwise


Gigwise interviewed Lupe when he was in London a few weeks ago. Lupe talked about Lasers, the protest, CRS, his political interests, putting out another album and a Japanese Cartoon album this year and more.

Lupe on his lyrics:

Gigwise: You’ve always written lyrics that make people stop and think. ‘Words I Never Said’ is perhaps your most politically driven song on the new album. Do you find it easy to write songs like that?

Lupe: “Yeah, very easy - I didn’t even write that down, because that’s my core. That’s the stuff that I can just sit back and speak on for hours, and for me it’s a collage of all these different ideas and events and themes that have a political undertone, a social undertone, a conspiracy theory undertone to it, and just putting it out there.

It’s very similar to the song ‘American Terrorist’ that I did on my first record I guess it’s just the way that it’s put. Where this could be played on the radio, ‘American Terrorist’ would never get on the radio.”

Read the full interview HERE

2 comments:

  1. nice to hear another interview... but these weren't the best of questions...

    outside of the insight into lupe's mindset when writing words like "words i never said"... it didn't really say much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Terrorist > Words I never said

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.