Live Stream: Lupe Fiasco on KUBE 93 [Interview & Chat]


Watch Lupe's interview with DJ Hyphen and J.Moore on KUBE 93 in Seattle Live right now! Click HERE to take part in the live chat that will start in a bit.

UPDATE: Stream is over but you can watch the recorded video above!

Lupe talked about what he likes to do in his free time, his car collection, cooking, Amy's Pizza and more. He also answered some fan questions.

He said that he'll come to Europe soon (February) to do some promo events, he'll do a couple DJ Sets when he's in Australia for the BDO and there'll be some college tour dates in the US that'll be announced soon.

He also said that he recorded around 50 songs in the process of making Lasers. Stereo Sun and Army Girl are NOT on Lasers. For any other tracks, we'll just have to wait and see. There's a possibility of some type of Lost Tapes release.

There won't be a "Lupe Decoded" book but his novel, or actually several novels might be dropping soon. Soon as in next year or in 2-3 years...lol! He also did the verse again that he premiered at Drexel.

The next single is eventually dropping next week already but it might not be "Words I Never Said" due to some music business BS.

19 comments:

  1. so is the next single dropping next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah I wouldn't get you're hope up. If Lu said a week, then it provably means 2 weeks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we can expect those novels in 2015 or later - with massive spaces between the release of each one, and none of those other tracks being released, apart from one or two leaks.

    Somehow it's all Atlantic's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask why there's music playing over this interview on my end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^ fast forward to minute 9 or so..that's when it starts

    ReplyDelete
  6. was lupe stiffing coke at 05:15 lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like Lupe calling Lasers "The people's album".

    It worries me because it sounds as if he's positioning the album as victory for those who fought for a Lupe album rather than a quality Lupe Fiasco album.

    He's already made comments about it being a more 'pop' album. And I think that could still be fine. But what bothers me is that he sounds passive about the album. Basically, he's been promoting the fan protest aspect rather than the music itself.

    Have a listen to this interview where he was talking about The Cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCURySJ8srQ

    At this point I seriously have no idea what Lasers is about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like Atlantic sucked away his passion for (hip-hop/rap) music and that's a bit disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, did my post just disappear?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know why you deleted my post but that's okay.

    You should delete my other one too because in honestly doesn't have enough context anymore.

    Maybe I'll revisit the thoughts another time. I'd be lying if I said I'm not pissed because I honestly did take some time gather and post my thoughts on Lasers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, sorry. your comment went into the spam filter...probably cause u typed a real long text and added a link...it's up now though

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sucked away his passion? That statement makes no sense. How can you even say that? Have you heard LASERS? Have you heard the 80% of F&L II? No, you haven't and neither have any of us. So you can't sit there and say he lost his passion or any of nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have a great page here… today was my first time coming here.. I just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, good post.. I’ll be bookmarking this page for sure.
    watch the tourist online

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea i dont think u can say hes lost the passion when havent heard the ablum... What u can say is that hes lost the passion to promote the same album for three years now lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for checking it out Sean...didn't consider the possibility of the spam filter.

    Maybe you're right Anon, hopefully he's only lost the passion to promote the same album and that the album is still amazing.

    I hold his past music in such high regard, it's hard not to get worried :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is by far my favorite lupe fiasco interview. cant wait for fnl 2!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.