Diggy talks about Lupe Fiasco's Atlantic Records Situation


After Lupe Fiasco recently ended his dispute with Atlantic Records, SOHH reached out to his labelmate Diggy Simmons to see if the public feud caused him to feel uneasy about his own deal.

He said the following when asked if he was worried about falling out with Atlantic:

"Nah, not at all because our situations are different; and obviously we know what happened, that's stuff I can't release, but I knew that our situations were completely different, especially with his album and with mine, so I had no concerns at all because they already told me how excited they were and what they were gonna do and not saying they weren't excited for Lu at all, Lu's been down for a long time.

He's done two albums at Atlantic so I'm definitely so happy for my big brother that Lasers is gonna come out because I'm a fan myself. If I wasn't [an artist], I might have been at Fiasco Friday with everybody else. I'm a big fan and I'm gonna buy Lasers when it comes out and support my big brother."

Click HERE to read the full interview!

14 comments:

  1. He made a lot more sense than B.o.B. when they asked him about Lupe and Atlantic Records situation!

    March 8th 2011 #Lasers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It bothers me when every artist calls one another big brother or little brother...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ sounds like someone doesn't have a brother... :-- (

    ReplyDelete
  4. its clear that as far as musical influences go, Lupe and Pharrell are Diggys biggest ones. So if he is aiming to create music similar to theirs he is in for a ride at Atlantic. Cuz we all know that Atlantic wants their artist to conform to a certain pop sound

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want lupe's shemagh shirt NAO!
    does any1 know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ a-tomix you dumbass! You don't know that hand signs have tons of different meanings? Because you can only make so many sighs with your hand. Thats a commonly used "rock star" sign. Watching all them illuminatti vids and you lose your common sense....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have I have a brother, that's why It bothers me

    ReplyDelete
  8. where can i get that shirt lupe is wearing!!! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. what does he mean when he says:
    "If I wasn't [an artist], I might have been at Fiasco Friday with everybody else"

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know right, wtf does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's not risking his career with Atlantic...Dosage was there cuz he's unsigned so it wouldn't mess up his career

    ReplyDelete
  12. whatever son, guess he can never be a CHILD REBEL SOLDIER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - have a nice day !

LUPEND. Powered by Blogger.